Thursday, June 13, 2002
Thursday, June 06, 2002
When installing CFMX and .NET to be on the same computer, Chris White pointed out on CF-Talk today that problems often occurr when .NET is installed before ColdFusion MX. Problems can occurr in both ColdFusion and .NET. Chris recommends the following installation path:
- Install IIS
- Apply IIS Security Fix
- Install ColdFusion MX
- Install .NET Framework
I came across eXcelon today, they have some interesting products. ObjectStore is a server that can be accessed in Java or C++ as an Object Oriented Database, or as a "Data Server" (as an abstraction of your RDBMS database). They also have a XML database product called XIS, supports XQuery, etc.
Tuesday, June 04, 2002
Monday, June 03, 2002
I've decided to try to actually start posting to this blog. So here it goes...
I'm the CTO for a company called CFDEV.COM, my responsibilities include learning technology that may be of use to our company, managing product development, and building resources for our site. I monitor, and participate in several mailing lists including:
- CF-Talk, CF-Linux, JRun-Talk, CFX from House of Fusion
- The CFDJ List from ColdFusion Developers Journal
- The CFXML List from Granularity
- J2EE Interest, JSP Interest from Sun Microsystems
- Tag Libraries User List from Apache
- The List from evolt.org
- The ISAPI List from 15 Seconds
- Macromedia Forums from Macromedia
- And some non public lists.
My Company CFDEV.COM builds components for web developers, and provides free resources for web developers.
- ColdFusion MX Resource Center
- XML Resource Center
- Code Samples for ColdFusion, JSP, Java, XML, XSL, HTML, C#, C++, C, PHP, and ASP
- Apache Resources
- Developer Discussion, Post Articles
- More ColdFusion Resources