Monday, January 13, 2003

ColdFusion 5 on Windows .NET Enterprise Server RC1
I tried installing CF5 a the release candidate of Microsoft's next server platform .NET Server, the results - negative. Ofcourse my first hint should have been when I first ran setup.exe it told me I was attempting to install ColdFusion on an unrecognized version of windows. I clicked continue anyways, and the install seamed to go smooth. I had to pick "Other Web Server" because IIS 6 wasn't detected (I planned to use apache). After rebooting I received numerous popup windows with the message:
Event Type:	Information
Event Source:	Application Popup
Event Category:	None
Event ID:	26
Date:		1/13/2003
Time:		1:02:12 PM
User:		N/A
Computer:	DEVELOPER
Description:
Application popup: wsm.exe - Unable To Locate Component : 
This application has failed to start because WINSTRM.dll was not found. 
Re-installing the application may fix this problem. 

For more information, see Help and Support Center at 
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.
After stopping ColdFusion services the popups stopped. I will work on this some more, but if you have gotten ColdFusion 5 to work on .NET server let me know. I also plan to try installing CFMX on it. I'll post the results when I do.